Wednesday 15 January 2014

HEARTFELT PLEA FOR HELP!! Please read.

Hello all my lovely friends. I’m asking for your help here. My sister Cheryl’s friend, Fern, tragically lost her partner, David, in a car accident. At the time, Fern was 36 weeks pregnant with their beautiful daughter, Macy.

As if this was not upsetting, distressing and heartbreaking enough, when Macy was born, Fern was told they would not allow David’s name to be put on the birth certificate because he had passed away. As I’m sure you’ll all agree, this is just terrible and causes even more pain to already heartbroken people.

Fern and Macy SHOULD have the right to have the Daddy’s name on the birth certificate. Fern has contacted the House of Commons and had been told she needs 100,000 signatures to have this address in said House. They will then be able to legally fight to have David’s name put on Macy’s birth certificate. It may also become a new law that if you lose a partner during pregnancy, you will be still be allowed to register them as the father.

I’m asking all my friends to PLEASE sign this petition. It only takes 1-2 minutes and is done online. PLEASE also share this post and help me to get some attention to Fern’s cause.

Please sign the petition here.
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/54677

1 comment:

  1. wish they would let me sign... but I'm going to share on my wall... I have a couple of UK friends I'm sure would sign... heartbreaking for the family. Sending all my best wishes & prayers...

    ReplyDelete