Monday 28 January 2013

Warm Bodies Review

Warm BodiesWarm Bodies by Isaac Marion

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


4.5 stars.

It’s been a long time since I simply read a book for pleasure. After seeing the film trailer for Warm Bodies and learning this was also a book, I HAD to read it. Let’s face it, it looks absolutely wicked!

I’ve never been a fan of zombie stories. I like Resident Evil and that’s about it, but this story may just hold the power to convert me. There’s not much I can say about the storyline that hasn’t already been said countless times. It’s definitely a romantic comedy with a hint of the horror genre. There’s quite a bit of action and of course, a true love story. I love all the characters, especially ‘R’ and ‘M’, how could you not? ‘R’ is a zombie and even I fell for him. Also, Julie isn’t one of these wimpy girls so she gets an A+ from me.

After watching the film trailers I can see there are going to be quite a few differences to the print version, I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with it. I don’t think for one minute this story could be spoiled.

The only gripe I had was the sheer amount of metaphors and similes. They just seemed too much and at times, I did skip the odd paragraph because things were overly explained or described. Other than that though, this is one awesome read and is now one of my favourite stories!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment