Wednesday 6 February 2013

A beautiful place, rich in history - Must visit.


Firstly can I just say, this photo does NOT belong to me 
and I do not know who the owner is.

This was found being passed around on Facebook. Now as some of you know I have a love of photography. I also intend to visit as many historic places and ruins as possible, I just need to save the money up, buy a car and then..... road trip! There are so many places I want to visit, High Gate Cemetery, Chillingham Castle, Lindisfarne Castle, to name a few. But this is now very close to the top of my list.

This photograph really got my attention, I think its incredibly beautiful. It's captured me. I believe it to be Glastonbury Abbey, in Somerset (UK). The more history a place has the more it interests me, and since this is around 1000 years old, it's definitely got my attention. If those ruined walls could talk - oh what stories they could tell.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment